Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Shadow Divers

Just finished listening to this book on CD, I'd heard about it and always wanted to read it, so it was perfect when I saw it on my way back up to California. For all you divers out there, WWII historians, and general wreck/treasure hunting enthusiasts, this is a GREAT read!

It's about two of the super macho East Coast divers who were well known already in the wreck world for diving the Andrea Dorea (http://uwex.us/ADsitemap.htm) and discovering/diving many others. I had a chance to hear about diving the Dorea at a seminar before and learn about some of the crazy risks these guys take, but the story in Shadow Divers really beats what I heard at the seminar. Their risks sometimes take your breath away, but it also is an excellent reminder about the risks of diving in general and learning to be as self sufficient as possible.

If you drive a lot, I recomend the book on CD because the reader is excellent and breaks out with a decent Brooklyn accent whenever needed.

No comments: